KEEP YOUR INDEPENDENCE !
In order to make your life or that of your loved ones easier and meet your travel needs, we offer medical support or grocery shopping. Our volunteers accompany you for all health-related medical appointments if you are 65 years of age and over or if you are an adult with a loss of autonomy. This support can be followed by a stop at the pharmacy, in the case of medical support, or a stop at the bank in the case of grocery support. This service is offered in the spirit of home support, thus meeting the needs of elderly clients losing their autonomy.
Thanks to the support of a volunteer, customers benefit from support and help. A reassuring presence and a feeling of trust are the keys to the effectiveness of this essential service for our seniors. Please note that all volunteers must go through an interview process that includes screening by the police.
All requests must be sent to the CAB Les Artisans de l’Aide office in order to determine eligibility for the service, according to the criteria below. You can use
this form or contact us at 450 472-9540 ext 0.
- Anyone with a loss of autonomy, whether they are 65 years of age and over, sick or disabled who need the support of a volunteer for their medical appointments or their grocery shopping.
- Anyone assessed and referred by a worker in the health and social services network and who meets these criteria.
- The request must be submitted at least 72 hours (3 business days) in advance. No request is accepted the same morning.
- Customers must pay a financial contribution, confirmed before transport.
- Clients may be accompanied by a third party for their medical appointments only. (EXCEPT DURING COVID)